What the...

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cops and such


Manti,
What fun it was. We went down early so that we could get a good seat for the performance. We spent the afternoon playing apples to apples and eating Jelly bellies on the temple lawn. Don't tell anyone because we weren't suppose to have food there. But you know us, we're rebels. It's really funny, I've been down to see the Manti pageant a few times and this was the first time that I realized that there was more than one person playing the same character. Well, silly me. The more that I learn the more I realize there is some much that I don't know. You know what they say, you learn something new everyday. Well, Blueshorts spent most of the time in the car with Colin's Girl and myself asleep. I swear if I didn't know better I would think that the boy has narcolepsy (sp?). The minute that he gets into a car that he isn't driving he's asleep. You would think that our company just puts him out. But I know for a fact that everyone he knows can't possibly be that boring. But then again I have been wrong in the past. And let me just tell all of you I wasn't even aware of some of the things that were going on. Sometimes I think that my head must be in the clouds. But it's a good thing because I think that sometime people need to figure out what's up for themselves. So they don't need me butting in.



Now look at Wiggle and Pinetree don't they look adorable. I'm glad that they both were able to come with us. They have made my experiences with our little group lots of fun. If you get the opportunity you should ask Pinetree about his nieces. They are just as cute as buttons. I know that sounds really sappy but if you had met them then you would know what I was talking about. You should see their cute, little "to-do" list that they have made while they are spending the week with Uncle Pinetree.


And since there were no good pictures of me then I will spare you. You won't have to worry about having nightmares after seeing them.

Well to round out our fun outings. I must bring you into the world of Provo cops. To say that crime here is minimal is to be making a huge understatement. There really isn't much for them to do. So you know that we all say there is a quota that they have to get before the beginning of the month, which everyone who is a cop tries to convince you that there isn't. So if that is the case, how come, you see twice as many cops at the end of the month? I mean really, you could be robbing a store as long as it is somewhere between the 6th and the 15th you've got a good chance of getting away with it. But make it the last week of the month and not only are you getting caught but so are all of the people that are doing 2 miles over the speed limit going down a hill. But anyway Blueshorts and I were going home after a night of playing with the gang. We get right to the driveway of our apartments and he sees this flash of blue, now mind you I was really tired because it was 4:00am in the morning. But of course the first words out of my mouth were something to the effect of "You've got to be kidding me!!!" Now let me just tell you that it didn't matter that I was already in my parking lot and that if I opened the car door and walked 15 feet that there is a good chance that I would be in my apartment. I've seen enough episodes of cops to know that if I stepped my little, brown butt out of the car that I was going to be eating pavement. So I sat there with Blueshorts trying to figure out why the cop had stopped us. I don't know maybe something about being black and in Provo?? Just Kidding!! Well it turns out that Blueshorts had crossed a double yellow line and was going a whopping 9 miles over the speed limit or so the cop says. But really who cares at 4:00 in the morning. So basically the moral of the story is if you're going to speed or cross double yellow lines do it in the middle of the month or at least not at 4:00 in the morning when you KNOW the Provo cops don't have anything to do.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Blogger Jokey Smurf said...

Oh, man. I hate Provo cops. That just makes me want to speed right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home